To help whet Maryland customers’ appetites for the all-new 2012 Chevrolet Sonic, Chevy recently unleashed a full portfolio of Z-Spec accessories aimed right at young buyers who are hungry for a large dose of custom cool.
“The new Z-Spec accessories reinforce Sonic’s fun, youthful spirit,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “Customization is particularly important with the customers we believe will gravitate toward the Sonic, and we want to help them make their vehicle look exactly the way they want, as easily as possible.”
In the mix here are goodies like:
- Body-color ground-effects kits with extensions for the front and rear fascia—as well as the rocker panels—and silver exhaust tips
- Contrasting mirror caps, roof spoilers, and upper and lower grille surrounds
- Body graphics packages
- 16- and 17-inch painted alloy wheels
- Aluminum sport pedals and sill plates
- “Color Out” exterior packages that feature contrasting-color exterior parts and graphics
To better meet customer preferences, Jerry’s Chevrolet in Baltimore will sell the Z-Spec accessories both individually and in full packages. Further, the cost of the parts can be rolled right into monthly payments if the accessories are bought when the car is initially ordered and then installed. And the same is true of the wide range of other Sonic accessories—from cargo nets and trunk trays to chrome mirror caps and door handles—that also will be available from Jerry’s Chevrolet.
The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic—which will be the only subcompact car built in the U.S. when it debuts—is expected to boast an EPA highway rating of 40 mpg when it debuts this fall here in Maryland.